| Strandhotel Glücksburg
Category: 4 star superior hotel
Where: Glücksburg, Germany
Line: modular cooking 70
Partner: Krefft Grossküchenstechnik [Rastatt, Germany] / Kälte-und Klimaservice H. D. Winkler [Wees, Germany]
The Strandhotel Glücksburg is an icon in the German spa tradition. Built over a century ago, the Hotel is a point of reference in Germany for wellness and gourmet food. In 2006, the owner decided to renew this “white castle on the sea” to increase its appeal and enchant its guests. Now within the luxurious ambience of a historical setting, sophisticated Scandinavian interiors provide the perfect backdrop for a first-class gastronomic destination that attracts many customers every season of the year.
- In 2015, a new avant-garde cooking block needed to be installed in the kitchen of Felix, the principal restaurant of the Hotel, in order to manage the increasing and diversified workload that characterizes the varied menu and the use of seasonal products.
- The chef and his brigade of 18 people needed to reorganize the kitchen to maximize the use of space for the cooking block.
- The Strandhotel Glücksburg chose their long-time supplier Winkler to follow the project. In collaboration with Krefft, distributor of the Mareno brand in Germany, Winkler designed the new kitchen for the restaurant choosing the equipment most suited to the needs of the chef and his staff.
- To provide the highest quality possible, Winkler and Krefft proposed Mareno kitchens because they guarantee maximum performance, flexibility and innovation. Thanks to its elevated technology and extreme versatility, the series 70 of modular cooking was the best solution for the requirements of the Hotel.
- The biggest change was that from gas to induction. At the request of Chef Andre Schneider, the new cooking block was equipped with induction cooking modules with 5 kW of power for each individual zone.
- With a cooking block this powerful and precise, Schneider was able to reorganize the workflow in the kitchen. He is able work more quickly and more efficiently thanks to the organization of the functions within the block as well as the wide variety of high-technology functions, all in a more pleasant environment.
- The project would not have been possible without the commitment of the entire team of Mareno, Winkler and Krefft in the design phase.